Sunday, December 6, 2015

To my wonderful roommates

A lot of people often ask me why I live the way I do. I've gotten into this before. While many other students and recent graduates are offering up spare rooms and synergizing their resources, I've  decided that it's time for me to live alone, again. I suppose this is never really true in a manner of speaking, given my situation where I receive support, at least not at this point in time. I don't exactly know what that says about me, or the society I've grown up in, but I have learned quite a few things over the past year and a half. and there are some things I'd like to say.

To the people who didn't sign up for this: thank you
For not running away screaming
For making me laugh
For putting up with my drama
For letting strangers into your space
For growing up quickly
For blasting music too loud
For being cool when I was not
Or when you didn't have to be
For never feeling sorry for me
Because shit happens
At any given moment
Because I was never one of those people
I was one of you
For all  the parties, dance parties, accomplishments.
Even if you didn't understand what it meant
It meant something. You got that
For that I am grateful
Forever



 You didn't sign up for this. I know that.  And I know you will probably never choose to have an experience like that ever again, you don't have to, I don't blame you. But you did. And even though  you are relieved because  there are no more emergencies, no  more accidents, no more weirdos being locked out, no more rescuing me from buses, no more worrying about me, I hope that each one of you took something from that year.  Because I  certainly did.  You can be young, you can  be you, and you should be.  And every year, it gets harder for me to want to share space with people. Because it's weird, it's complicated. No one WANTS  to do that.  You are the people that understand that I  sometimes feel like a baby in an old person's body.  You restored my faith in humanity, and, when I'm ready,  I hope I can to share life with awesome individuals like you. Stay weird! <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment