Monday, May 20, 2013

Welcome!

I never thought I'd see the day……

"You should write! Why don't you write??”
 “When  is that best-selling memoir of yours coming out?”
 “This needs to go viral. Like, NOW!!!”
 “ Somebody  needs to know about this!”

 Yeah, yeah, yeah. Well, here I am, on the big, bad, ugly World Wide Web, so you all can put a sock in it. Don't like it? Then I would urge you not to read any further.

  So, let's back up a little bit…

 I'm Hannah, a college sophomore  temporarily transplanted from the Last Frontier  to the Emerald City (and who knows what the future holds!) as I work on my B.A. in journalism and explore many other worlds along the way.  I have moderate to severe cerebral palsy (whatever that means), and while it does not define  me completely as a person by any means,  it has a large part in understanding who I am.

  While this will mainly be a blog about my personal ramblings and experiences, I will do my best not to complain, and to compose thoughtful responses. No guarantees, though! I will say that this is real,  in most cases  it will come straight out of my head onto the screen. I will do my best to filter myself appropriately, but it's in the blood, after all :-)

 I will attempt to write about things that matter to me and things that will be of interest to you out there in reader world. These are just things that come from living life itself,  not inherently inspirational on their own, just real, simply experience.

I write because I can,  because I need to, and because I should. I hope you'll  stay along for the ride!!

 I always welcome your feedback and suggestions! Feel free to leave comments  and please bear with me as I set up this site! Thanks!

 By the way, the pieces posted before this were written previously and I was told they should be put out there. I will be working on some original work in the coming days :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment